Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ensculptic Update...

Yes, it has been many months since I have posted anything about Ensculptic. I'm very sorry about that, but it was for my own mental health that I stopped paying attention to Ensculptic.

Recently, it has been brought back to my attention in a most pleasant and exciting manner - Winslow Wedin himself sent me a very nice email about this little blog! I don't know if you all realize how thrilling this is to me... my favorite living architect, emailing ME! Dorky fan-girl squeeing ensued!

Anyway...

I was finally inspired to do a little follow-up. After our friends were not able to come up with a way to purchase Ensculptic, I had to put it out of my mind entirely or go mad, so it was not until today that I learned that Ensculptic sold for $170,000 to a couple of people from Falls Church, VA. Word from Mr. Wedin is that these fine folks have contacted him and intend to restore Ensculptic to its former glory. I'm so happy to hear this news! I hope I will have a chance to see the final restoration, and of course I would LOVE the opportunity to document part of the restoration process as well. (Hint hint, new owners... you can contact me through this blog.)

Here is a nice little article about the sale of Ensculptic.

Speaking of contacting people... to the student construction crew who worked on the Ensculptic III project: please contact me so I can put you in touch with Winslow Wedin. He would love to know where you all are and what you are doing! In case you missed it, he commented on this post over at Flippism Is The Key a couple of years ago with the same plea (scroll to the bottom of the comments). Don't be strangers, people - you did an amazing thing with Ensculptic!

Hang in there, folks... my next post is going to have some fun stuff in it from Winslow Wedin! He sent me a fabulous seven-page PDF "story" about E-III, and I have permission to share it with the world! I just need to format it for this blog and do a little bit of editing. Maybe this weekend, assuming the weather isn't fabulous (and it's supposed to be...). So - check back sometime next week, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Please note that comments are moderated, so your comment may not show up right away. If you send spam, it will be deleted.